Monday, March 12, 2007

 

Was Crufts TV coverage magic for you?

Did you find the BBC 2 TV coverage of Crufts magic? Or did it go down a bit like a damp squib?

I have been reading the messageboard... closed now I'm afraid... on the website at www.bbc.co.uk/crufts and found comments very varied.

A Tibetan Terrier called Fabulous Willy won Best in Show. Depending on your preference for a particular breed, coat type, or size of dog you will be pleased, not pleased, or distinctly underwhelmed! [As usual my preferred breed was completely ignored... the judges just don't understand their character!]

As far as Agility and Flyball [even obedience] were concerned I thought the coverage extremely sparse. What annoyed me most was the few seconds devoted to the Junior handlers... Magic won junior agility for the third time... but this was just gabbled through in seconds.

What encouragement is this for the youngsters in the sport? I did e-mail the website with comment on this... I think next year I shall begin an e-mail campaign on the first day for more coverage on Agility and Flyball, the juniors in particular, and less of the presenters waffle. Anyone want to join me for a concerted effort?

Many people on the messageboard left comments on the fact that there was insufficient content [in the TV coverage] on things other than the breed and group judging... and far too much heard from the 'experts'!

And whilst I'm on the moan... we have quite a large screen TV, but I found the camera work on Mary Ray and her dancing dogs rather annoying as she and the dogs looked like dots when the camera was panned out... due to the dark background.
 

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Add to Onlywire
XML
Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Subscribe in Rojo
Simpify!
Add to Technorati Favorites!
Get RSS Buttons


Subscribe in a reader